Monday 11 July 2011

The Cookie Monsters

It wasn't raining when I woke up this morning so I got the kids set up in front of the TV with our new Wii game called Just Dance and ran out to mow the lawn. It's been cool and rainy the past week, so I wanted to take care of the lawn before the heavens opened up yet again. I couldn't believe how many mosquitoes there were! They were huge and hungry, like a flock of ravenous seagulls out for blood. I'm not wishing for snow, but the one really good thing about winter is the lack of mosquitoes. Somebody remind me of that when I'm shoveling through mountainous snow banks. On the other hand, never mind, I'd probably just get irritated by a comment like that!
This afternoon we made a batch of Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies. I found the recipe years ago on Allrecipes and it's been my go to cookie recipe since then. I usually only put in a scant 1/2 c. of butterscotch chips and the same with chocolate chips. The best of both worlds. I don't like cookies that ooze all over the place.
All of the kids "helped" today. The girls rolled all the cookies into balls. They did a great job! Quinn mostly ate little bits of dough and chips. This is the look of right before the cry that I am taking too long getting him his next bite. See the big mosquito welt on his forehead!
"Here sis, let me help you shove that cookie in a little further. It seems to be hanging out of your mouth!"
We had spinach and black bean quesadillas for supper tonight. I even ventured out into the muck hole that was once a garden to get the spinach. Mmmm....



1 comment: